Industries dealing with hazardous goods, such as fine chemicals, require precise and careful handling at all stages of the logistics process. The safety and integrity of these goods are essential for preserving their quality and ensuring protection of human health and the environment.
In this context, it is necessary for companies in the fine chemicals sector to strictly adhere to national and international regulations related to the transport, storage, and distribution of dangerous goods. There are a number of guidelines and tips that can help organizations in this task.
- Regulatory knowledge and compliance: It is important to be familiar with the regulations established for the transport of hazardous goods by the national authorities in the countries we operate in and also by supranational bodies such as the European Union. The ADR regulations (Agreement on the Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road) are especially relevant for land transport and must be strictly adhered to.
- Identification and classification: Hazardous goods are classified into various categories and classes according to their properties. They must be rigorously labelled and packaged to ensure the correct identification and classification of the products to comply with regulations.
- Safe storage: In the logistics process, maintaining high safety standards in warehouses is essential, taking into account factors such as temperature, ventilation, and adequate separation between different classes of hazardous goods.
- Detailed documentation: In addition to the aforementioned labelling, the documentation required for the transport of dangerous goods, including the route, the corresponding certificates and emergency contact information, must also be enclosed with the goods.
- Staff training: People transporting, handling or storing the goods must be adequately trained to ensure compliance with safety protocols.
Ensuring excellence in hazardous goods logistics
Substances used in the fine chemicals industry require exceptional care at all stages of the logistics chain. At Airpharm, we are aware of this and are committed to offering specific solutions that help boost the performance of companies in this sector.
Our rigorous focus on safety and compliance with current regulations extends to the entire logistics process, from storage to distribution, ensuring that each product is kept in optimal conditions. To this end, we implement regular audits and risk analyses, and provide companies with the peace of mind of trusting expert hands to handle their fine chemical goods in full compliance with international standards.
If you want the transport, storage and distribution of your dangerous goods to be fully safe, efficient, customized and traceable, contact Airpharm now and our team of professionals will tell you about our work methodology.