The logistics of agro-veterinary supplies is very important to ensure the efficient and safe supply of products for animal care and welfare in the veterinary sector. Agro- veterinary supplies include a wide range of products such as medicines, vaccines, nutritional supplements, and other essential items for animal health.
In the logistics of this sector, it is vital to carry out an integral management at national and international level, according to the needs of each organization. From product storage to distribution and delivery, the logistics company must be specialized in understanding the particular needs of this constantly evolving sector.
A fundamental aspect of the logistics of agro-veterinary supplies is compliance with standards and regulations, both at the local and international level, in accordance with the recommendations provided by organizations such as the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE). Veterinary goods require differential treatment throughout the logistics cycle, with special attention to the controlled temperature of some products. In this sense, it is important to make sure that the warehouses where the supplies are stored comply with all the necessary characteristics for the correct storage of agro- veterinary products.
Types of agro-veterinary consumables
There are several types of consumables for the veterinary sector that must be handled with care throughout the logistics process:
- Medicines: drugs to treat diseases and promote animal health, such as antibiotics, antiparasitics and analgesics.
- Vaccines: biological agents used to stimulate the immune response of animals, preventing infectious diseases. ·
- Nutritional supplements: products that provide additional nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, or amino acids, to improve diet and animal health.
- Antiseptics and disinfectants: substances used to prevent or control infections in wounds and surgeries, helping to maintain hygiene.
- Hygiene products: shampoos, conditioners, and other products for caring for the hygiene and external appearance of animals.
- Veterinary instruments: tools and equipment used by veterinarians in medical procedures, surgeries, and diagnostics.
- Healing materials: supplies such as bandages, gauze and dressings used in the treatment of wounds and injuries in animals.
- Insecticides and repellents: products to control external pests and parasites that affect animals, such as fleas, ticks, and mosquitoes.
Having an experienced veterinary logistics operator is a huge help for any company that wants to transport, store, or distribute agro-veterinary supplies. At Airpharm we have extensive experience in this aspect and every day we help organizations linked to animal health care in their professional work.
We offer services such as agility in customs, as well as expertise. It is worth mentioning that we are an Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) and we are committed to efficient customs management. We are also in constant communication with authorities and international entities related to transportation, contributing our experience to improving this phase of logistics.
We have approved warehouses for the veterinary industry, and we are very rigorous in the temperature control of goods throughout the logistics chain. We offer comprehensive services in consulting, training, and accompaniment in inspections, with the aim of helping organizations to adapt to current international standards. Our team of veterinary logistics experts provides key guidance for understanding all the possibilities that logistics offers in the sector, translating it into business results and contributing to animal welfare.
If you would like to incorporate our working method into your veterinary supply logistics, contact Airpharm now and we will help you achieve your goals within this sector.